Monday, June 22, 2009

A Tribute to My Papa on Father's Day

This is my special tribute to the first man i have loved the most, to my ideal man and to my hero, my ever loving Papa Dario. :)


Hi Papa,

Happy Father's Day!

You may not be the perfect man on earth, you may not be the perfect father in the world, but we love you for who you are and we will always be there for you.

We didn't have much time together when we were growing up because you are far from us ... working abroad... sacrificing everything... enduring every pain and loneliness just to give us a brighter future. We know you've been through a lot that's why we don't ask for more.

And when we are together, you make sure to spend quality time with us as if filling up those times.

There were important events in our lives that you have missed... sometimes I feel sad but i know you wanted to be there as much as we do... but you can't do anything about it.

We may have disappointed you at some point, you were hurt but you never really got mad.

You have influenced us a lot, when it comes to decision making. Your point of view is very important to us. You balance every situation and listen to both sides before doing anything about it.

Sometimes, when you don't speak much, we know there's something in your head but don't want to say it because you don't wanna hurt our feelings.

We love your witty and funny personality especially when you crack jokes on the dining table... we can't help but burst into laughter!

We feel safe when you're around because we know you will do everything to protect us.

You taught us to love each other no matter what. You filled our home with love that's why we are filling our family with so much love.

Words are not enough to let you feel how much we love you and miss you! [I don't even know if you'll be able to read this blog. Maybe i'll send you a copy instead.]

I just want you to know that you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown. I will always live the lessons i have learned from you.

I love you so much Papa! Hope you can feel my Hugs there now! muah!!!!


You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu


P.S.

Remember the birthday musical card you sent me back in 1990? I still have that right now, i think its still playing that birthday tune. I used to open that card when i miss you.

I still have those letter of you telling me stories about the pirates on your ship. And the letter that i tried to blame you for my bad handwriting because you didn't sent me to kindergarten. You also told me to read english books aloud to practice my tongue. You also challenge us to write to you in english [i can't remember how bad it is! hehehe].

1 comments:

kimeirojram said...

I can liken your experiences with mine. More than half of his life wala xa sa tabi namin but he never fail to be our father. There's no other word to describe him, he is awesome! I know ganyan din sayo.. :) I would like to quote "By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families." Im so grateful with my dad and so with the ONE who gave him to me.

Post a Comment