Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pasta Carbonara Recipe

I seldom eat pasta in white sauce coz i easily get distaste. But i do love mushrooms. So the first time I went to Pancake House, I ordered for a Pasta Carbonara. And I loved it! One of my colleague said it's so easy to prepare. I was up to the challenge so I cooked this weekend for our merienda.

Here's the recipe i got from Smart Parenting Forum. I just added mushrooms.


400g spaghetti, cooked al dente
200grams bacon bits
1 can sliced mushrooms
2 nestle All-purpose Cream
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste


Procedure:
1. Cook bacon until done. Remove from pan and drain onto paper towel.
2. Saute garlic and mushrooms using 1 tbsp of bacon's oil.
3. Add all-purpose cream. Stir constantly until it thickens. (Tip: Just let it simmer till thick so that you won't need to add flour or cornstarch)
4. Add parsley and 3/4 of the cooked bacon.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Tip: Sometimes I make it slightly salty coz the taste will even out when you add the pasta)
6. Turn off heat and toss in the cooked pasta.
7. Toss in 1 Tbsp of the grated parmesan cheese
8. Place in serving dish and top with remaining parmesan cheese and bacon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment