Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Perfect Life

"I never really wanted a perfect life. Just one that’s happy."


I grew up in a small house with a simple lifestyle. My mom is a house wife with few networking business. My dad was an Overseas Filipino Worker. They worked so hard to send us to a reputable school and in return we gave them good grades.

There are times when we don't have money to buy chicken nor pork chop for dinner. But still were so happy having pork and beans or noodles for our meals. We were also lucky to have surrounded by home-grown veggies. [My mom has a green thumb, by the way.]

We have a simple life or should I rather say we belong to a lower class society back then. But it never crossed my mind to have it the other way around. I never wanted to live in a big house. It looks creepy. I never wanted to win a lottery. Money might cost us our lives. In my young mind, I know having a big sum of money would mean sadness or a loss of my loved ones. I don't know! But I wanted our life the way it is. It's not perfect, there were ups and downs, but we're happy.

I have my own family now and we do encounter life's challenges, but in general, we are happy! [So I won't be asking for a mansion nor a luxury car.] There are still lots to be thankful for! ^_^


Humility. Sincerity. Faith. Trust. Respect. Love. Laughter. Happiness! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment