Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Always be Vigilant

Have you had deja vu? Well, I did!

Yesterday's encounter reminded me of few other experiences with these kinds of people. But the closest is the first one.

When I was a college freshman. I was at SM north [mall as usual] to buy some school stuffs and I was carrying so many things on both of my hands. On my way home, A guy of mid 30s, walked with me and tried to be a nice guy. Offered to help me bring my stuffs but I refused. Still, he walks with me, assists me to cross the street and hold me on my elbow. He said I could treat him as "Kuya". He had a hamster and showed it to me. And asked me if I wanted to stroll at the park [Wild life in QC] and make him company. I was so scared that I jumped to the first jeepney that stopped. My heartbeat was so fast and my knees was shaking. I was relieved to know he did not follow me. Wew! That was the first time and I skipped going to that mall [alone] for months!

Another one was when I was dining in at a fast food restaurant. A guy, popped out of nowhere and, sat across my table. He asked me if i was alone and if he could join. [There's still lot of seats around though!] Good thing I have a friend with me who's at the counter ordering food. I waved at him and the guy went off.

There were also some taxi experiences, when the driver was making kwento about his life and then suddenly asked me for my cell number or offered to be my everyday service to the office. [Duh!] That's why I seldom talk to chatty taxi drivers, I'm just so paranoid that they're up to something.

Others were in public transports. I don't wanna elaborate more. [kulang na sa space. hehehe]

Ewan ko ba! Feeling ko naman ang haba ng hair ko. I don't know! There's always these woman's instinct in me that the intention was not genuine and that there's something else in it.

These experiences should remind us, women, to be aware of our surroundings. There might be someone watching over us off our guard and waiting for the perfect timing to take advantage.

So, always be vigilant! They'll be just around as long as they can harass someone.

But still, Life must go on! No one could stop me from going to malls and do some shopping! hehehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment