Monday, August 2, 2010

Fun Run

It was my first time to join a fun run. Me and my friends [Teetel & Raquel] joined Rexona Run along with thousand of participants. My goal is not to win but to walk finish the race and experience how it feels to be a runner.

It was a torture good experience! Although I had no preparations before the event. No jogging!? No hydrating!? Basta sugod lang! hihihi

The race was fun. It was so organized. There are lots of water and power drinks. Lots of marshalls too so you won't get lost. And the results are fast. [See Result] Kudos to the organizers.

My Experience.

I set my alarm to 3:00am for the run. But my friend Denver, who's running 21k, texted me as early as 2:45am to wake me up! So I took a shower. Wake up Raquel, who slept over our house. Then we have an egg sandwich and coffee for our breakfast. And at exactly 4:00am we're off the road! Woohoo!!!

Mannix drove us to Mall of Asia after picking up Teteel from her apartment. We have to be there before 5:00am because there will be some re-routing beyond 5am. After finding a parking slot, we had our DTag attached to our shoe lace and numbers to our singlet.  Then we headed to the assembly place.

Runners for 21k were set off first then the 10k then us, 5k and 3k after. Warm up exercises were lead by the trainers up the stage. And a gunshot marks the start.

On my first 100 meters I was running along with everyone else. After that, I am catching up my breathe already. No I can't force myself! I walked on my own pace and enjoyed the view! Some runners were taking picture and documenting every kilometers they've reached. Some run in groups. Some were by themselves and were listening to their ipods.

I also heard someone shouting "Walk in the park!!!" Hmmpf! "Etchos ka!" hahaha!

When I reached the 3k signage, I sighed "3k pa lang?!!! 2k pa?!!!". Hahaha! I was cheering up myself. "2k nalang! GO Chique! GO Chique GO!" ^_^

It takes a lot of motivation to get to the finish line! And I am having some hallucinations already! hahaha! Just kidding!

At last! Time to beat for the next run! [0:59:36] Wew!





The result. Healthy body. Sexy body. Body pain. Sore feet. Fun. Experience.

1 comments:

Fun Run said...

I also join this kind of event. It helps me feel energetic always. I do think you really enjoyed the event. Enjoy running! :D

Post a Comment