Monday, August 25, 2014

The Art of Letting Go



Bo Sanchez's talk at The Feast last Sunday at PICC struck my heart so deep that I started crying without any tissue or handkerchief at hand. I was caught unguarded because I don't wanna cry especially when there are thousands of people in front of me. (Lucky for  me because I was at the back seat so I'm the one who saw a lot of people wiping their eyes.)

The Love Ribbon



First, they had a re-enactment of a father and daughter's love. The father is holding a ribbon that he tied to his daughter representing his love for her. He love his daughter so much that he don't want to let go of that ribbon so he can protect and guide his daughter. But as she aged, there are lots of pitholes along the path and the father is still holding that love ribbon. But time has come that he realized he needed to let go of that love ribbon so her daughter can do more and explore life. It breaks his heart but it is for his daughter's sake that he needed to let go. So he gave the ribbon to his daughter and let her go on with life.

The daughter said that she honors his father and mother so much and thanked them for the love that they gave her and her siblings. There's no need for that ribbon now because their love for her is instilled in her heart. She is who she is because of her parent's love. A grown up young lady who is ready to explore life. There is no need for that ribbon now because she knows that that love will guide her through life. And God will always be there for her. 



It was a great father and daughter's story. We felt their love for each other. I saw a lot of The Feast attendees wiping tears from their eyes. We didn't see that coming. 



A Million Love

Bo gave us another scenario about lending money.

You have a 10,000 pesos in your savings account. It's your only money for your daily expenses, for food, for your kids, for your rent and for others. Now a friend who has an emergency asks you to lend him 10,000 pesos. Will you give your only savings to him? Of course not! We can't afford to let our kids starve, right? 

Or be kicked out of our house if we didn't pay the rent.

Now let's change the scenario. You have a million in your savings account then a friend comes to you asking to lend lend him 10,000 pesos because he have an emergency. Will you give that 10,000? Yes, of course! It feels good to help right?



The moral of the story is that it is hard to let go of something if it's all you have.



It is that same scenario for your loved ones. When you focus all your life to that person and its time to let go. It feels like it's that end of the world... the end of your world. It's hard to let go when you know it will take away all your happiness. It's like having only that 10,000 that its so hard to let go.

Now if you focus your love to God its like having more than a million that its ok to let go of that 10,000. It's ok to let go of that loved ones because you have God!



Let go.. so you can have more.

From personal experience, It's so hard to let go. I know my baby Andrea do not have a long life span. 

I know when the right time comes I have to let go. I only pray to God that He'd make me stronger to bear that day... that He'd help me be ready for that day. When that time comes, no more tears to shed but happiness will fill my heart. Happy to know that she's where she have to be. Knowing that God alone can fill that emptiness and sadness. He will embrace me with His greatest love.

When that time comes, I will be ready to let go.

Me & Andrea

0 comments:

Post a Comment