Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Decor Shopping at Dapitan Arcade

I've watched several episodes of Kris TV when they shop around some places in Manila and scout for pocket-friendly items and goodies. They have featured the Dapitan Arcade whose famous for affordable Christmas decors.

I usually buy decors from the malls and bookstores during Christmas seasons (you know! some last minute shopping...) so I know how pricey they are. When I learned about Dapitan Arcade, I'm really got curious and excited, I wanted to checkout the place and experience it myself.
  
Along with my hubby and sister (and her two kids), we went to Dapitan around the second week of  November. There are already quite a number of shoppers but you can still walk around the area. Most stores have a fixed price range and you won't be able to haggle for discounts. I'm not sure if the prices are much cheaper when you buy during off peak season. But I can say that it's much cheaper that time compared to buying the same item in malls.

Here are the items that I bought:

Belen. I really love to have a Belen to remind us the true spirit of Christmas. Christmas is Jesus' birthday anyway. This is compose of 9 figurines and the tallest is 6 inches. So you have baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, 3 kings, and 3 animals. This cost me only a thousand pesos.

Christmas Tree Skirt. So the gift are not scattered on the floor. It costs 400 pesos. 

Santa Candy Container. A 4-inch santa with a big gift sack for the candies.

Christmas Wreath. A plain wreath only costs 150 and a fully designed one costs around 500. I bought the plain one and will design it myself. 

Christmas Light. Different kind of lights cost only 200 and they all have ICC stickers so they are safe to use.

Christmas Tree Decors:
    Ponseitta Large. Costs 350 per dozen. Much cheaper than those in malls which cost around 40 each.
    Ponseitta Small. Costs 180 per dozen. 
    Snow Dangle. 20 each
    Doll Dangle. 3 for 100
    Pine Fruit. 10 each.

I also bought an 18-inch Christmas parol for only 1,200 which costs around 2,000 in malls.

There are lots of other items but I can't buy them all, although I am tempted. 

Maybe next year... after I replenish my budget. ^_^


0 comments:

Post a Comment