Monday, September 9, 2013

Sleepwalker

I'm a sleepwalker when I was a kid but it never occurred again until February last year (2012).

Here's how it happened.

It was one weekend after a stressful weekdays at work. Our helper woke me up so I could join them at breakfast. She went inside our room and saw me got up and sat beside the bed. My eyes were open but I was just staring at her. She thought I was joking around or not in the mood to talk so she left. After, like, two minutes they heard a big blag sound in the room. Then they saw me about five steps from our bed and lying on the floor. They asked me of what happened and I was gaining a little consciousness at that time. I'm still clueless of what's happening but my head hurts. I was holding my head and they helped me get up then I checked my hand and I saw blood! Gosh! I hit my head on our computer table. Good thing there's no have sharp edges. So after breakfast, we decided to go to the hospital to have it checked. I had a 1cm cut and they just applied a skin glue. The doctors asked me to have a ct scan to check if there are blood clots but I refused to have one coz I feel fine. So they send me home with a signed waiver that I refused to do further check ups. I was under observation for weeks. They said that I have to go back to the hospital when I experienced symptoms like a sudden mood change, blurred eyesight, headaches and things like that.

It's been more than a year now and I still feel fine so I guess I'm okie eh? :-)

Going back when I was a kid, I remembered what my sisters said about my sleepwalking incidents. There are times that I was getting off our double-decker bed without using the ladder. There are also times that I was talking to them but they couldn't grasp what I'm saying. My husband also told me there are times when they tried to wake me up, I just open my eyes, looking blank, answer back and go back to sleep. I've read that there are lots of incidents related to sleepwalking. I don't wanna wake up in the middle of a highway driving. Scary, right?

Sleepwalking symptoms: having blank look on face, disoriented, sitting up and appearing awake, walking during sleep, talking nonsense. Read more about sleepwalking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment